Kelly Family Veterans Internship Support Fund
Providing Opportunities for Veterans at the Harris School
- Currently enrolled (and taking classes) at the Harris School
- Confirmed to work in an unpaid or underpaid, degree relevant full-time (35+ hrs/wk) summer internship for at least 8 week between June 2016 and October 2016
- Student must be a U.S. Veteran and/or working in an area that serves U.S Veterans.
- The internship offer must be secured (and verified at the time of application).
- Only summer internship positions are eligible.
- Positions must be a minimum of 8 weeks in duration.
The Kelly Family Veterans Internship Support Fund is not open to:
- Students who have not yet matriculated to Harris
The application process consists of the following four parts to be submitted via HarrisLink (#20858):
- Submission of a professional resume
- Submission of a statement of purpose that outlines your interest in the position and how you anticipate it furthering your career pursuits
- Copy of Internship Offer Letter
- Student Verification form
A selection committee consisting of Harris School staff will review student applications.
Deadlines – Late materials will not be accepted.
- Application Deadline: April 28, 2016 by 4:59 PM
- Kelly Family Veterans Internship Support Fund Award Announcements: No later than the week of May 16th
Internship Reflection Requirement
- All students who are awarded a stipend through the Kelly Family Veterans Internship Support Fund are required to submit a brief reflection on their internship experience.
- Reflection should follow “Harris Summer Fund Report Guidelines” and is to be submitted via HarrisLink by October 14, 2016 at 11:59 PM
- Your reflection may be shared, in part or in full, with alumni, fellow students, and the Harris community. It may also be used, in part or in full, in Harris and/or university publications or website.